Catastrophe struck in the late hour on Sunday, September 29, when 13 shops were wrecked by fire at Adeshola Street, Agodo Bus Stop, Cele Egbe, in Idimu-Egbe Local Council Development Area, LCDA of Lagos State.
However, no significant losses were recorded, two Adult Male suffered minor wounds and have since been taken to an undisclosed clinic for further therapeutic consideration. As indicated by report by the Lagos State Emergency Management Authority, LASEMA, which dashed to the location of occurrence, the influenced shops gutted by fire was because of a gas chamber that detonated in one of the shops.
The fire, which was accounted for to have exuded from a shop that had a few chambers loaded up with gas, at about 10.15 pm, raised to high degree rapidly, which saw it spreading to abutting structures.
It was uncovered that the flame, having ability to refuel itself because of presence of different chambers loaded up with gas, prompted the broad harm brought about at the shopping complex that saw 13 shops gutted in spite of the speedy reaction of LASEMA squad and men of the Lagos State Fire Service.
Be that as it may, the flame was at last put out by the brief mediation of the consolidated endeavors of the Lagos crisis unit, LASEMA, and the state fire administration which kept the flame from raising.